Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do we prepare for Brad’s Carpet Cleaning to come to our home?
The best things to do are to pick up any items lying around the house, vacuum thoroughly, & move any breakable or heavier items off of the carpet (we can always carefully edge around any items are to cumbersome to move). Please visit our blog at https://bradscarpetcleaning.wordpress.com/2015/06/01/preparing-for-carpet-cleaning/ for more information.
2. What method do you use for cleaning?
We use a truck mounted hot water extraction method, commonly referred to as steam cleaning. Hot water and a specially formulated cleaning solution are injected deep within the carpet fibers. Then, a powerful suction extracts deep-down dirt, allergens, cleaning solution and most of the moisture.
3. What time will you show up?
We are pretty good at estimating how much time it will take at a home plus travel time. If we are going to be later than your scheduled appointment time, we will give you a call to let you know. Likewise, if we are going to be significantly early to your appointment we will let you know ahead of time.
4. Do I need to leave my house while you are cleaning?
It is completely up to you. You can leave or stay. You can be there when we arrive and then leave, or leave a key and show up later. If you do decide to leave, just let us know how you would like us to lock up.
5. Is there a travel charge?
There is not a travel charge as long as you are in our service area.
6. Do you move furniture?
We move light furniture, such as sofas, coffee tables, and end tables. We don’t move heavy items, as we are a one man crew. We also don’t move stereo equipment, big screen TVs, china hutches, pianos, breakable or fragile items, or other larger items.
7. How long will it take to clean my carpets?
Cleaning time will vary based on how many areas we are cleaning and the level of soil. Whole houses usually average 2-3 hours.
8. What if I want to cancel an appointment?
We only ask that you give as much notice as possible.
9. My carpet is heavily soiled, will there be an extra fee?
There is not an extra fee for regular soil, if there is pet urine or odor we will do an extra pet treatment that will further breakdown the pet oils and odors in the carpet. Our technicians will discuss this with your before they begin cleaning.
10. How long will my carpets take to dry/how soon can I walk on it?
We recommend staying off the carpets for a period of about 5-6 hours. Carpets may take up to 24 hours to completely dry after they are cleaned. This is normal and will not cause any problems. If there are foam blocks or tabs underneath your furniture, leave them in place until your carpets are completely dry.
11. Once the pet urine treatment is completed, will my pet keep marking that particular place?
The products we use to perform pet urine treatment contain a pet deterrent. However, each pet acts differently, we cannot guarantee that your pet will stop marking that place we treated.
12. I’ve heard that cleaning my carpets makes it soil faster. Is that true?
This problem tends to occur with at-home carpet cleaning products. This is because residues are left in the carpet, which attract dirt. The carpet cleaning method we use rinses out the carpets thoroughly, leaving little to no residue left behind to attract dirt.
13. I have had my carpet cleaned, but the spots have reappeared. What should I do?
Although most spots that are removed from the carpet do not reappear, some substances in the carpet backing may wick to the surface after cleaning. If this happens, please contact us at 360-953-1483 as soon as possible.
14. Do you guarantee removal of all spots or stains in the carpet?
We cannot guarantee that we will remove all spots or stains. There are substances that can permanently discolor the carpet fibers. The age of the carpet and the type of carpet fibers also plays a factor in this.
15. After my carpet was cleaned, it has bubbles or ripples in the carpet. What caused this and will it go away?
As the carpet is drying, the bubbles or ripples should start to vanish. Once the carpet is completely dry, it should lay flat and be unnoticeable. This is typically a sign that the carpet was in need of re-stretching prior to the cleaning.
16. Why should I have a protector applied to my cleaned carpets?
These professionally applied carpet protectors help carpet and upholstery resist soiling from dry dirt, water, and oil-based spills by wrapping each fiber in protective coating. This protective coating will allow you more time to clean up spills before they soak into the fibers.
17. How do you clean upholstered furniture?
To clean upholstery we use a smaller upholstery tool (compared to the carpet cleaning wand), and we use the same powerful hot water extraction cleaning process.